Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuition Relief Plan

Last Thursday, I testified before the Pennsylvania Legislature on Governor Rendell's proposed Tuition Relief Plan. I took this opportunity to impress upon the Legislature the tremendous benefit this plan would be to the more than 112,000 students enrolled in the PASSHE institutions, including the more than 8,000 that attend Bloomsburg.

Walking from Carver Hall to Buckalew, I observed students reading and playing Frisbee on the Quad. I begin to feel a renewed sense of optimism. I embraced this energy and the opportunity to support a creative solution that would keep college affordable for students attending Bloomsburg, her 13 sister institutions, and all of the commonwealth’s community colleges.

Click here to read the editorial I submitted to the local media based upon my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment