Friday, June 12, 2009

New agreement in place before vacation

Provost James Mackin and I traveled to Schnecksville last Friday, June 5, to sign a new dual admissions and transfer agreement between BU and Lehigh Carbon Community College. I was impressed with LCCC’s new state-of-the-art Technology Center, where the signing took place. The dual agreement allows students to complete a BU bachelor’s degree in many of the program majors offered on the LCCC campus.

In a time when many students are choosing to attend community college, the BU degree completion programs are quite valuable to time- and place-bound students. It offers students flexibility in class locations. Many of the BU courses offered can be taken on the community college campus. All courses will transfer seamlessly if students follow the established course sequence. In addition, these programs make college affordable for many potential students.

BU also has a dual admission agreement with Luzerne County Community College for our elementary education and exercise science degree programs.

Last week, I encouraged you to take time to enjoy family and friends. Beginning Monday, June 15, I will be traveling to my home state of Washington for a week’s vacation. I am looking forward to spending time with two of my three adult children and my two young granddaughters. I am particularly excited about a road trip to relocate my grandfather’s farm in Indiana and the house we lived in after I was born in Wisconsin. Just like we are proud of the history of Bloomsburg University, I am very proud of my family history and learning more about it to share with my granddaughters.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment